Thursday, April 21, 2011

The ultimate surrender - NOOKColor

I didn't think it would happen but an e-reader has come into my life. But not just any e-reader - the NOOKColor. And I never thought I would say this...but I love it. I really, honestly do.

Why Barnes and Noble's NOOK and not Amazon's Kindle or Apple's IPad, you ask? The IPad is just too pricey to be used simply as an e-reader and I just recently got a new MacBook Pro so that didn't make sense. And the Kindle...just isn't awesome enough. It's flimsy, which I realize is why some people buy it. But let's be honest, I'm a clumsy person. And the Kindle doesn't exactly feel sturdy. I really think I could snap that thing in half if I wanted to.

Barnes and Noble's NOOK offers everything I love about reading - a great book, the "bookstore" experience and cool gadget functions. Plus, I can lend books to my other bibliophile friends who have NOOKs. It's win-win.

Now, if only Barnes and Noble, or the book publishers, would just cut the price of e-books, I would stop buying real books.

Probably.

Almost definitely.

Well...

No comments:

Post a Comment